Photo Roster / Enter grade corrections


  • To provide instruction on submitting a grade correction of final grades for your students


  • Faculty/Staff


  • 10328: Photo Roster
  • 10304: myMiami myCourses


  1. Log in to myMiami with your Miami UniqueID and MUnet password
  2. Select the Home tab or Faculty tab to view a list of classes that you teach 
    • To view classes from a different term, use the pull-down menu to select another term and select GO
    • The list of classes assigned to you in myMiami is updated every 24 hours
      • If you do not see a class listed that you are assigned to teach, contact the course coordinator for your department
  3. Locate your class and select the Photo Roster link to open the photo roster for grade correction 
    • Link is available for the last five academic years; grade corrections that are older than five years must be submitted via a grade correction form
    • Supplemental grades must be submitted via a supplemental grade form
  4. Select the G icon to the left of the student name to open a new window with the student information
    • The current grade in the course will display
  5. Select the new grade from the drop-down list
  6. Select the reason for the grade change from the menu
    • If the new grade is a grade of F, IU or U, you will be prompted to fill out the information regarding attendance. You must enter either never attended or a last date of attendance that falls within the course dates
    • If a grade is being changed from a temporary grade (N. IU, IG, IUY, IGY, S or U) to a final grade, you will see the updated grade immediately on the photo roster
      • Both the student and the instructor will receive an email that a change has been made to the grade in the course
    • If the grade is being changed from a final grade to a new grade, it must go through an approval process; once the grade change has been approved at the divisional level, the instructor will be able to see the updated grade on the photo roster.
      • Emails will be sent to both the student and the instructor after it has been approved
      • If a correction to a grade is denied, only the faculty member will receive an email
  7. Click the Submit request button at the bottom of the page to save your grade entry
    • Return to the class roster to change any other grades in the course, if necessary



  • To enter grades for a particular CRN (Course Reference Number), you must be assigned as the instructor of record for that course for the selected term
  • Certain courses, such as zero credit labs, are not gradable — you will receive a message that tells you Section is NOT gradable
  • The grade change application will not be available for any term during academic standing review at the end of every semester or term
  • Only grade changes that are older than five academic years or are supplemental grades will be accepted on a paper form
  • The G icon will not display while a grade is waiting for approval from the divisional office
  • Academic standing may take up to three days to be updated, pending review in the Office of the Registrar
  • For additional information about class rosters and the Photo Roster app, contact the University Office of the Registrar by phone at 513-529-8703 or by email at



Article ID: 45246
Tue 12/19/17 2:10 PM
Thu 11/11/21 3:26 PM
Can you resolve this issue yourself?
Yes! This is self-service with a smile.
Supported Office or Community
Office of the University Registrar
University Staff or Faculty